Rotterdam, the Netherlands – 28 September, 2017 – Last year, SOEDESCO Publishing was responsible for a third of the increase in physical released games in the US. With the boxed release of side-scrolling combat-RPG Pharaonic and action adventure The Girl and the Robot, SOEDESCO adds another two boxed titles to their line-up. As of Friday, both games will be available for PlayStation® 4. Pharaonic also has a boxed Xbox One version.
Watch the Pharaonic trailer here: https://youtu.be/2sxrtnG8lYA
Watch the The Girl and the Robot trailer here: https://youtu.be/cGbSQcnntoA
Download Pharaonic press assets here: http://ow.ly/OFaD30fjNid
Download The Girl and the Robot press assets here: http://ow.ly/uiob30fjNeV
“Offering indie developers the possibility to give their game a boxed release is what makes SOEDESCO unique as a publisher. We are aware of trends and have moved into the digital space as well, but we know that there is a lot of life left in boxed releases,” says SOEDESCO’s Executive Manager, Hans van Brakel.
Players can customize their characters in this brightly colored, Egyptian themed, Dark Souls-like game. They can even choose if they want to play as a male or a female character. Once in the game, there are many pieces to mix, match and collect to suit the player’s playstyle. From light armor and weapons for quick combat to heavy gear and two-handed axes for devastating attacks. It’s up to the player to gear themselves in the way that fits their playstyle best. Pharaonic is developed by Spanish developer Milkstone Studios.
The Girl and the Robot’s two-sided gameplay
In the charming fairytale world of The Girl and the Robot, the player switch back and forth between playing as the girl and her guardian robot. Playing as the girl offers quick and nimble gameplay, while the robot can move heavy objects or fight enemies. It’s up to the player to find the right character to proceed through the world. The Girl and the Robot is developed by Montreal-based studio Flying Carpets Games.
- Explore an Ancient Egypt full of traps and treacherous enemies
- Enjoy an exhaustive, refined and satisfying combat system
- Complete character customization
- Talk with plenty of colorful characters to learn what’s happening to the kingdom
- Collect dozens of weapons and shields with different combat styles
The Girl and the Robot
- Experience a mysterious and award winning backstory that has left its mark on the environment
- Switch between playing as the girl and as the robot, offering two different types of gameplay
- Feast your eyes on a unique hand-painted art style reminiscent of old fairy tales
- Defeat enemies while navigating a charming game world