Publisher SOEDESCO is working with developer Petroglyph Games™ on the digital and boxed console debut of 8-Bit Armies. They will also release a boxed PC-version of the popular RTS. 8-Bit Armies will be available in digital console stores and retail in the summer of 2017.
The Petroglyph team has a rich history in the development of AAA strategy games, with the executive staff and many team members being veterans of Westwood Studios™, the creators of Command & Conquer. Since Petroglyph was established it has released various RTS classics, such as Grey Goo™, Universe at War™, and Star Wars: Empire at War™.
Accessible for new players
8-Bit Armies is the latest RTS from Petroglyph. It commemorates the first Command & Conquer games with its accessible gameplay mechanics while providing a fun and timeless art style that introduces new players into the genre. A unique console controller scheme makes it easier than ever to build bases and command large armies without complex button memorization.
The boxed and online console version of 8-Bit Armies will include the game and the ‘Guardians Campaign’ DLC.
- Jump right in with easy to understand modern military units and structures
- Play cooperatively or versus the AI choosing from multiple difficulty options
- Use classic RTS Base-Building mechanics to construct the ultimate HQ from which to attack your foes
- Explore a variety of locales, destroying everything that gets in your way with devastating superweapons
- Two campaigns with a total of 40 single-player combat missions for many hours of gameplay
- Join your friends to play 12 co-op missions against a variety of AI opponents
- Gather up to 8 online players to team up in one of the dozen multiplayer/skirmish maps